How to take care of your Knitwear
- Often mere airing/ventilation is sufficient, and just gentle cleaning of small stains of the knitwear, if needed.
- If the knitwear gets dirt or stains that you want to wash off, here are some tips for washing:
- the proposed wash is hand wash with lukewarm water and flatdrying.
- You can use a mild detergent, that is suitable for wool. When using detergent, dissolve the detergent thorougly in lukewarm water before starting the wash. Also remember to rinse the knitwear thoroughly.
- Wash the knitwear by gently squeezing, so that the delicate yarn does not get damaged.
- After washing and rinsing, the knit can be dried by pressing it lightly between a terry towel and flat dry after that. Flatdry the knit horizontally so that it does not lose its shape, stretch too much or shrink.
- Do not use a tumble dryer or drying cabinet, and do not dry the knit in direct sun. The knit can sometimes become slightly flattened during use or during washing. The fluff of a dry knit can be restored by brushing lightly with a soft clothebrush in the direction of the loops. However, you should be careful when brushing, as the loops of the thread are quite thin and fragile.
- When not in use, it is advisable to keep the knit loosely folded for example on the shelf of a wardrobe and avoid hanging the knitwear in a hanger.
Please see also the washing label and instructions placed on the cardigan/sweater.